and a ground strap; model BMW-452-ENG-1
c. Ground Straps (Model BMW-452-ENG-
to TM 5-2805-203-14 for suppression compo-
nents applicable to model OEG-458-ENG-3.
lockwasher that secures the ground
b. Capacitors a n d Ground Strap (Model
strap (2) to the bottom pan (4).
(2) Remove the screw and lockwasher
(1) Tag and disconnect electrical leads
that secures the ground strap (2) to
(1A) as necessary.
the flywheel air shroud (1) and re-
(2) Remove the two screws (4) and five
m o v e the ground strap.
the other ground strap from the dust
(2) to the shock mount (3) and re-
move the capacitors.
(3) To remove the remaining capacitor
(3) Position the ground strap (2, B, fig.
and the ground strap, it is necessary
3-6) on the air shroud (1) and se-
cure with the screw and lockwasher.
(4) To install the ground strap and ca-
(4) Secure the ground strap (2) to the
pacitor, install the generator (para
b o t t o m pan (4) with the nut (3)
a n d lockwasher. Install the other
(5) To install the outer capacitor (2), in-
ground strap to the dust end enclos-
s t a l l on the screw (4) in the fol-
lowing order a lockwasher, capacitor
(2), lockwashar, ground lead, and
lockwasher. Secure by installing the
screw (4) on the shock mount (3).
Test the capacitors, model BMW-452-ENG,
(6) To install the inner capacitor, install
for leaks and shorts on a capacitor tester; re-
on the screw in the following order, a
place defective capacitors. If test equipment is
lockwasher, capacitor, and lockwash-
er. Secure by installing the screw in
late the cause of interference by the trial-and-
the shock mount (3).
error method of replacing each capacitor in
(7) Connect the tagged electrical leads
3-34. Fuel Strainer-To-Fuel Pump
The fuel system consists of a fuel tank, fuel
strainer, fuel pump, carburetor, air cleaner, air
cleaner bracket, governor control assembly, and
governor. The fuel is gravity fed from the fuel
(2) Disconnect the fuel strainer-to-fuel
tank through the fuel strainer. The strainer
fuel strainer outlet elbow (16) and
provides a means of removing water and for-
e i g n matter from the fuel and, through a
shutoff valve, provides means for regulating
tubes in a similar manner.
the flow of fuel to the carburetor. The carbure-
tor mixes the fuel with air which has been fil-
b. Cleaning, Inspection, and Repair.
tered through the oil bath air cleaner. The fuel
(1) Clean the tube in an approved clean-
and air mixture then passes into the engine
ing solvent and dry thoroughly.
plug. Governor controls are used to regulate
(2) Blow compressed air through the tube
to remove any dirt or foreign matter.
the carburetor throttle and the engine speed.