(2) Remove the cotter pin (26) and dis-
(4) Loosen the screw (16) that secures
connect the governor control rod (27)
the bracket to the carburetor (15) and
f r o m the governor control lever
remove the bracket.
(25). Remove the control rod from
the carburetor throttle shaft swivel
bracket clamp gasket (33) from the
(6) Remove the breather line elbow (12,
(3) Remove the nut (43) that secures the
control level to the governor yoke
b. Cleaning and Inspection.
and support bracket (23). Remove
(1) Clean all applicable metal parts in an
approved cleaning solvent and dry
spring. Remove the extension spring
from the control lever.
(2) Inspect all applicable parts for cracks,
Note. Tag the hole in the control lever
breaks, and other damage.
from which the extension spring is re-
(3) Inspect the bracket gasket for unserv-
moved to facilitate proper reassembly.
(4) R e m o v e one of the locknuts (41)
(4) Replace all defective parts.
from the spring adjusting screw (40)
c. Reassembly and Installation.
and remove the adjusting screw from
(1) Install the breather line elbow (12,
the swivel block (45). Remove the re-
maining locknut from the adjusting
(2) Position the bracket clamp gasket (33,
(5) Remove the cotter pin (37) that se-
install the screw (32).
cures the flat washer (46), compres-
sion spring (38) and governor adjust-
the carburetor (15) and tighten the
i n g lever (15) on the support pin
bracket screw (16).
(47). Remove the flat washer, com-
(4) Install the capscrew (18) that secures
pression spring, and adjusting lever
the bracket assembly to the bracket
from the support pin.
(6) Loosen the capscrew (16) that se-
(5) Connect the breather line (10) to the
cures the control bracket brace (18)
bracket breather line elbow.
against the control bracket (39) and
(6) Install the engine air cleaner (para 3-
(7) R e m o v e the countersunk screw and
d. Field Expedient Repairs. If the engine
IET lockwasher that secure the con-
f a i l s to start or stops suddenly due to a
clogged air cleaner, remove the air cleaner (see
and remove the control bracket and
a above). Securely fasten a suitable section of
clean, fine, meshed screen, if available, over the
(8) R e m o v e the support pin from the
open end of the air cleaner bracket and op-
erate the engine without the air cleaner.
(9) Remove the flat washer (42) and re-
move the swivel block (45) from the
Caution: Operating the unit in sandy or
adjusting lever (15).
dusty areas without the air cleaner can cause
damage to the engine.
b. Cleaning and Inspection.
(1) Clean all applicable parts in an ap-
Governor Control Assembly
proved cleaning solvent and dry
a. Removal and Disassembly.
(2) Inspect all parts for cracks, breaks,
(1) Disconnect the extension spring (44,
and other damage. Inspect the control
lever for excessive wear.