Compressor and engine assembly, model BMW-452-ENG, removal points.
(3) Remove the screws (19) and lock-
(6) Connect the spring (25) to the link
(1) and the governor control (27).
washers that secure the fuel pump
(7) With the knob of the governor con-
assembly (18) and remove the fuel
pump and gasket. Discard the gasket.
tion, place a slight amount of ten-
b. Cleaning and Inspection.
tighten screw on link (1).
(1) Clean the exterior of the fuel pump
with a cloth dampened with an ap-
proved cleaning solvent and dry
a. Removal (Models BMW-452-ENG and
thoroughly. Be sure all gasket ma-
terial is removed from the fuel pump
(2) I n s p e c t the fuel pump for cracks,
(2) Disconnect the fuel pump - to - car-
evidence of leakage, and other dam-
strainer-to-fuel pump tube (41) from
(3) Replace a damaged fuel pump.
the fuel pump (43).