(2) Install the muffler (17) on the el-
e. Installation (Model OEG-458-ENG-1 and
(4) Install the rain cap (2) or the muffler
and secure by tightening the screw.
(5) T i g h t e n the locknut on the elbow
(2) Install the muffler (30) on the nip-
Section IX. BELT GUARD, AND BELT SET
d. Reassembly and Installation
O E G - 4 5 8 - E N G - 1 , OEG-458-ENG-2, BMW-
This section applies to maintenance of the
452-ENG, and BMW-452-ENG-1).
belt guard, and belt set. The belt guard is a
(1) Secure the top belt guard strap (2) to
safety device which reduces the possibility of
the belt guard (4) with the flat wash-
injury to operating personnel who might acci-
ers, lockwashers, and nuts (3).
dently come in contact with the belt set. The
(2) Place the belt guard in position on
unit is equipped with three belts which couple
the unit and secure the top belt guard
strap (2) to the manifold stud with
(3) Secure the lower belt guard strap (6)
to the mounting base (3) with the
a. Removal and Disassembly (Models OEG-
458-ENG-1, O E G - 4 5 8 - E N G - 2 , BMW-452-
e. Reassembly a n d Installation (Model
ENG, and BMW-452-ENG-1).
assemble and install belt guard.
lockwashers, and nuts that secure the
lower belt guard straps (6) to the
(2) Remove the capscrew (1) that secures
the top belt guard strap (2) to the
manifold stud and remove the belt
guard (4) from the unit.
(3) Remove the nuts (3), flat washers,
458-ENG-2, and BMW-452-ENG-1.
g u a r d strap (2) to the belt guard
loosen the four
and remove the strap.
b. Removal and Disassembly (Model OEG-
gine toward the compressor to remove
4 5 8 - E N G - 3 ) . Refer to figure 3-20, and re-
move and disassemble belt guard.
c. Cleaning, Inspection, and Repair.
(3) O n models BMW-452-ENG
(1) Clean all applicable parts in an ap-
BMW-452-ENG-1, loosen the four
cleaning solvent and dry
compressor toward the engine to re-
move the tension from the belt set (2,
(2) Inspect the belt guard and strap for
dents, cranks, breaks, and other dam-
(4) Remove the belt set from the engine
(3) Repair or replace all damaged or de-
wheel assembly (7).