(5) Remove the screw (16) and lock-
washer (17 ) that secure the low-pres-
secures the aftercooler tube (38) to
the aftercooler manifold (30) and re-
s u r e intake valve seat (18) to the
low - pressure intake valve housing
move the aftercooler tube.
(3) Remove the coupling nuts and fer-
(21) and remove the low pressure in-
rules from the aftercooler tube.
t a k e valve disk (19) and the low-
pressure intake spring (20) from the
Note. Remove these parts only if they
need to be replaced.
low pressure intake valve seat (18).
b. Cleaning and Inspection.
(6) Remove the copper gaskets (12 and
(1) Clean the aftercooler tube with an
1 4 ) and the low-pressure exhaust
valve assembly from the cylinder.
approved cleaning solvent and dry
(7) Remove the screw (1) and lockwash-
the interior and the fins with com-
er (6) that secure the low pressure
e x h a u s t valve housing (13) to the
(2) C l e a n all other parts with an ap-
p r o v e d cleaning solvent and dry
r e m o v e the low pressure exhaust
valve disk (3) from the low pressure
(3) Inspect the aftercooler tube for bent
exhaust valve seat.
or broken fins, dents, holes, cracks,
(8) Remove the copper gaskets (7 and 10)
and damaged threads. Replace if de-
and the high-pressure intake valve as-
sembly from the cylinder.
(4) I n s p e c t all other parts for cracks,
(9) Remove the screw (1) and lockwash-
breaks, or other damage. Replace a
er (6) that secure the high-pressure
intake valve seat (8) to the high-pres-
sure intake valve housing (9) and re-
(1) Install the compression nuts (33) and
move the high - pressure intake spring
ferrules on the aftercooler tube (38).
(5) and the high-pressure intake disk
(2) Connect the aftercooler tube to the
( 4 ) from the high-pressure intake
aftercooler manifold (30) and secure
by tightening the compression nut
b. Cleaning, Inspection and Repair.
(3) I n s t a l l the high-pressure exhaust
(1) Clean all parts with an approved
cleaning solvent and dry thoroughly.
3-82. Intake and Exhaust Valves
(2) Inspect all valve seats and housings
a. Removal and Disassembly.
for cracks, breaks, rough or scored
(1) Remove the intake and exhaust mani-
valve seats, and mating surfaces. Re-
place if defective.
(2) Remove the copper gaskets (7 and 10,
(3) I n s p e c t the springs for distortion,
weak tension, or broken coils. Replace
haust valve assembly from the cylin-
(4) I n s p e c t the cylinder for defective
(3) Remove the screw (1) and lockwash-
valve assembly seats. Replace if de-
er (6) and remove the high pressure
exhaust valve seat (23) high-pressure
(5) Inspect the copper gaskets for dis-
exhaust disk (24 ) and the high-pres-
tortion or imprints that will render
sure exhaust spring (25) from the
the gasket unserviceable. Replace if
high-pressure exhaust valve housing
c. Reassembly and Installation.
(4) Remove the lowpressure intake valve
(1) Position the high-pressure intake disk
assembly and the copper gasket (22)
(4), the high, pressure intake spring
from the cylinder.