(3) Repair by welding all broken welds,
3-89. Air Lines and Fittings
cracks, breaks, or rust holes. Test the
a. Removal (Models BMW-452-ENG and
tank after welding as described in (4)
below. Replace a tank that cannot be
from the adapters and remove the
(4) Perform a hydrostatic pressure test as
(2) Disconnect tee-to-unloader valve tube
(a) Install pipe plugs in all but one
(20) from the tee (17) and the un-
opening of the tank.
(b) Fill the tank with water.
l o a d e r valve (11) and remove the
( c ) Install a fitting that is equipped
with an air coupling and a pressure
and nuts that secure the pipe clamps
gage of at least 200 psi capacity in
(12) to the brackets (10) and remove
tine opening in the tank. Put 200
the pipe clamps.
psi air pressure into the tank and
(4) Disconnect the altercooler tube (6,
watch for leaks.
Caution: Do not exceed 200 psi
remove the nipple, valve, and fittings.
pressure in the tank.
(5) Remove, in order, the elbow, bushing,
(d) Drain the water from the tank, re-
move the fitting and air coupling
nipple (16), check valve (15), pipe
and thoroughly dry the tank.
d. Installation (Models OEG-458-ENG-1,
OEG-458-ENG-2, and OEG-458-ENG-3).
(6) R e m o v e the screws (9, fig, 3-10),
(2) Install the check valve and fittings
brackets (10) to the base channel as-
(3) Install the hose assembly and globe
washers, and nipple from the louver
(5) Install the receiver tank safety valve
b. Cleaning and Inspection.
(1) Clean all parts with an approved
cleaning solvent and dry thoroughly.
(2) Inspect for cracks, damaged threads,
e. Installation (Models BMW-452-ENG and
and other damage. Replace all dam-
c. Installation (Models BMW-452-ENG and
screws, lockwashers, and nuts.
(2) Install the draincock, adapters, and
and adapters in the louver end en-
elbows on the air receiver tank.
(3) Connect the air receiver tank-to-air
pressure gage tube and air compres-
sor-to-air receiver tank tube to the
air receiver tank.
(5) Install the globe valve and hose as-
the elbow (4), then install, in order,
(6) Install the receiver tank safety valve
(15), nipple (16), tee (17), bushing
(19), bushing and elbow.