(1) Clean belt guard with a rag dipped in
b. Inspection. Inspect for damage to screen, bends,
cleaning solvent Fed. Spec P-D-680, then wipe dry.
dents, or other damage to belt guard panels. Check for
accumulation of grease soaked dust, dirt, or other foreign
(2) Smooth out any dents or bends. Replace
matter. Remove dirty guard for cleaning. Remove a
the damaged part that is beyond repair.
damaged guard for straightening, or replacement.
e. Installation. Install the belt guard by reversing the
c. Removal Turn off power at source and lock it out.
removal procedure in c. above.
(1) Remove capscrew (2), lockwasher (3), and
flat washer (4) from brace (5).
(1) Remove dust and dirt from motor with
(8), and flatwashers (9). Remove the two spacers (11 and
compressed air. Use a cloth dampened in cleaning
10) from each capscrew (7).
solvent, Fed Spec P-D-680 to wipe off the stator frame.
(3) Remove two thread forming screws (6), and
(2) Use the same method of cleaning on end
lift front belt guard (12) off the belts.
covers and the motor starter. Refer to figure 3-2 for
(4) Remove capscrew (13), lockwasher (14),
then lift rear belt guard (15) off the receiver. Do not
remove brace (5) from cylinder head unless damaged.
d. Cleaning and Repair.