b. If the check valve (2) has a steel cap, it can be
(4) When components are defective, replace
disassembled for cleaning as follows:
the check valve.
(1) Force the point of a screwdriver between
the steel cap and threaded body, loosen, then remove
(5) Reassemble check valve by placing lapped
surface of disc toward bottom of valve body, inserting
cap, spring and disc.
spring in the cap, then snap the cap into position on valve
(2) Clean interior of body, inspect disc for
corrosion, or dirt particles. Remove dirt particles, and
c. Replace defective components in reverse order of
check that the lapped surface of disc seats perfectly
against bottom of valve body.
(3) Inspect spring for break or weakness.