Figure 3-6. Position of weights and core when compressor
Figure 3-5. Pilot Valve adjustment.
(1) Stop the compressor, remove tube fitting
(5) If there is no flow of air, pilot valve is prop-
(fig. 3-5) from the pilot valve body. Loosen locknut and
erly adjusted. When air flow is evident, readjust valve start-
remove the pilot valve body.
ing with step (1).
(2) Screw the pilot valve assembly into the
frame cover until the thrust pin is felt, then advance valve
3-13. Inlet Filter
another Y4 to Vk turn and tighten locknut.
a. General. The inlet filter is designed to clean the
(3) Install tube fitting into valve body, then re-
air entering the first stage cylinder. Should the operating
area be exceptionally dusty, it must be serviced more fre-
quently so the pads will collect more of the dust and mini-
mize cylinder wear. A clogged intake filter reduces the effi-
ciency of the compressor.
b. Cleaning and Inspection.
(1) Wipe off the outside and mouth of the body
(2, fig. 3-7) then remove one disc (3) and four pads (4)