b. Cleaning, Inspection, and Repair.
its down (empty) position to up (full) position. Ohmmeter
reading should be from zero ohms at down position to 90
(1) Clean the exterior of the tank in
ohms in up position to indicate proper function of fuel
level sending unit.
the inside of the tank with the same type
of solvent. Dry thoroughly.
(2) Inspect tank end seams for any leakage.
(1) Install the fuel tank on the unit as shown in
Check tank for any holes and distortion, or
any other damage.
(2) Connect the fuel pickup and return hose
(3) Check the fuel level sending unit for
assemblies to the tank.
(3) Connect wire assemblies to fuel level
(4) Inspect attaching hardware for cracks,
breaks, damaged threads, or any other
(4) Fill the fuel tank with proper grade of fuel.
c. Testing. Using an ohmmeter, connect test lead
to fuel level sending unit terminal. Move the float from