(6) Fill test stand graduates to bleed air from test
speed of 2200 rpm, and high idle (shutoff only)
stand and to wet glass.
(7) Observe return oil. Return should be at rate of
at 35 psi transfer pump
operation with cover removed from
(8) Operate test stand at full load speed of 2200
pump. The governor linkage spring
rpm. Set counter for 1000 revolutions. Divert
aids operation when cover is
fuel to the graduates.
Difference between cylinders should not exceed
5 percent. Record transfer pump pressure.
(11) Adjust test stand speed to 2400 rpm and adjust
high idle screw.
(12) Set low idle at 600 rpm.
(13) Check the speed responsive automatic advance
cam movement. Cam movement is 1 degree at
1100-1300 rpm and total movement of 6
degrees, plus or minus 1/2 degree, at 2100-
(14) Assemble sealing wires to secure settings
made, as necessary, at automatic advance, end
plate cover screws, pump cover and governor
spring guide screw and throttle shaft adjusting
Wire the throttle lever in "full fuel"
position for storage or shipment of pump, ur until
installed on engine.
Installation and Timing.
(1) If the engine crackshaft has not been turned
since fuel injection pump removal, the engine
flywheel timing mark of 20 before top dead
center should be aligned for number 1 cylinder
compression stroke. If crankshaft was turned,
set the timing mark in accordance with para
Do not rotate the pump shaft
backwards to align the internal timing
marks. Always rotate it in the same
direction as the engine crankshaft,
when viewed from the front or timing
gear end of the engine.
Figure 7-32. Test stand operation.
(2) Remove the timing hole cover plate from the
(9) Check and record full load fuel delivery and
injection pump. Turn the rotor in the direction of
transfer pump pressure. Delivery should be
engine rotation so that the timing lines of the
51-54 mm per stroke and pressure of 70-75 psi.
times the pump so that it can be
(10) Check electrical shutoff with 12-vdc at wide
open throttle, at 400 rpm, full load governed