4-8. Organizational Maintenance Trouble-
shooting - continued.
Table 4-2. Troubleshooting (cont)
Test or Inspection
2. SLOW PUMPING OR INSUFFICIENT PRESSURE.
Step 1. Inspect for clogged compressor air cleaner.
a. Removal and disassembly.
(1) Remove the compressor air cleaner from cylinder head by turning
(2) See figure 3-3 for disassembly of compressor air cleaner.
(3) Remove screws, nuts and remove cover.
(4) Remove filter element from base.
WARNING: Drycleaning solvent, P-D-680, used to clean parts is
potentially dangerous to personnel and property. Avoid
repeated and prolonged skin contact by wearing rubber or
solvent impermeable gloves when handling the solvent or
material wet with drycleaning solvent. Wash hands immediately
after exposure with soap and water and use a lanolin based
skin cream to prevent skin drying. Do not use near open flame
or excessive heat. Flash point of solvent is 1000F (38C).
Ensure that ventilation adequate to reduce solvent vapor
concentrations below acceptable threshold limit values is
WARNING: When using compressed air for blowing, air hose
pressure must not exceed 30 psig, and individuals must wear eye
(5) Clean the air cleaner with cleaning solvent, P-D-680, and dry thoroughly.
(6) Clean filter element by blowing out with air or washing with an
approved cleaning solvent.
(7) Assemble element into base and install cover.
(8) Attach nuts and screws.
(9) Install cleaner on cylinder head by turning clockwise.