3-11. MOTOR STARTER BOX - Continued.
(1) Remove all buildup of dirt, grease, etc. by wiping with a soft cloth (Appendix E, item 3).
Cleaning Solvent, Federal Specification P-D-680, is toxic and flammable. Use
solvent only in a well-ventilated area. Avoid prolonged breathing of fumes. Keep
solvent away from flames. Do not use in excessive amounts. Avoid skin contact.
(1) Inspect for missing or damaged hardware.
2) Inspect box for damage.
(3) Inspect switches for damage.
(4) Inspect wiring for damage.
(5) Inspect contactor for damage.
(6) Inspect overload for damage.
e. Repair. Repair of the motor starter box is limited to the replacement of defective components at the Unit
When installing new overload, set overload at 30 amps.
GO TO NEXT PAGE