3-21. VALVE ASSEMBLIES - Continued.
(1) Remove all buildup of dirt, grease, etc. by wiping with a soft clot h (Appendix E, item 3).
Cleaning Solvent, Federal Specification P-D-680, is toxic and flammable. Use
solvent only in a well-ventilated area. Avoid prolonged breathing of fumes. Keep
solvent away from flames. Do not use in excessive amounts. Avoid skin contact.
(3) Allow to dry.
(1) Inspect for missing or damaged hardware.
(2) Inspect head for damage.
(3) Inspect valve plates for damage.
(4) Inspect springs for damage.
(5) Inspect push cover for damage.
(6) Inspect valve receiver for damage.
e. Repair. Repair is limited to the replacement of defective components at the Unit Maintenance level.
GO TO NEXT PAGE