3-22. ELECTRIC MOTOR - Continued.
(1) Remove all buildup of dirt, grease, etc. by wiping with a soft cloth (Appendix E, item 3).
Cleaning Solvent, Federal Specification P-D-680, is toxic and flammable. Use
solvent only in a well-ventilated area. Avoid prolonged breathing of fumes. Keep
solvent away from flames. Do not use in excessive amounts. Avoid skin contact.
(3) Allow to dry.
(1) Inspect for missing or damaged hardware.
(2) Inspect motor for damage.
(1) Check motor rotation by turning shaft. If there is any stiffness or binding, contact forward intermediate
(2) Check motor bearing for shaft end play.
If there is excessive end play, contact forward intermediate
e. Replace. Replace a defective motor.
GO TO NEXT PAGE