4-3. ELECTRIC MOTOR - Continued.
(1) Remove all buildup of dirt, grease, etc. by wiping with a soft cloth (Appendix E, item 3).
Cleaning Solvent, Federal Specification P-D-680, is toxic and flammable. Use
solvent only in a well-ventilated area. Avoid prolonged breathing of fumes. Keep
solvent away from flames. Do not use in excessive amounts. Avoid skin contact.
(3) Allow to dry.
(1) Inspect for missing or damaged hardware.
(3) Inspect spacer for damage.
(4) Inspect spring for damage.
(5) Inspect switches for damage.
(6) Inspect capacitors for damage.
d. Repair. Repair
of the electric motor
to the replacement
of defective hardware, bearings, spacer,
switches, capacitors and spring at the forward intermediate support level.
GO TO NEXT PAGE