3-16. BELTS, V, MATCHED SET AND GUIDE - Continued.
(1) Remove all build up of belt debris, dirt and oil from the belt guide and belts.
DO NOT breathe cleaning solvent vapors for long periods of time or use solvent
near open flames. To avoid illness, explosion, or fire, only use solvent in well
ventilated areas away from open flames.
(2) Clean guide and belts using a clean, soft cloth (item 3, Appendix E) or a medium bristle brush (item 4,
(3) Allow all parts to dry.
(1) Examine both belts for frayed edges, cracks, or cuts. Replace both belts if either belt is defective in any way.
(2) Inspect guide for wear, cracks, or deforming. Replace guide if deformed, cracked, or excessively worn.
Replace belts in sets only. Do not replace only one belt.
(1) Install guide (2), two washers (3), and two bolts (4).
(2) Install two belts (6) onto compressor pulley (1) and drive pulley (5).
(3) Rotate take-up bolt assembly knob (7) clockwise until belts (6) are tight.
Belt tension is correct when deflection of belts (6) is about .50 inch (12.7 mm) when
(4) Tighten three knobs (8).