3-20. AIR CLEANER - Continued.
(1) Examine foam air element for foam deterioration or tears. Replace defective foam air element.
(2) Inspect air cartridge for dirt and debris. If air cartridge is dirty, replace it.
(3) Examine all metal parts for dents or cracks. Replace any cracked or dented parts.
(4) Inspect wing nut and stud for stripped threads. Replace items if threads are stripped.
Before assembling air cleaner, soak foam air element with engine oil and squeeze
to remove excess oil.
(1) Install foam air element (6) around air cartridge (4).
(2) Install filter assembly (5) onto base (8).
(3) Install cup (3) and wing nut (10).
(4) Place cover (2) over filter assembly (5).
(5) Install wing nut (1) onto stud (7).