3-22. FUEL PUMP - Continued.
(1) Remove clamp (9) and vacuum line (10) from fuel pump (4).
(2) Remove clamp (8) and fuel tank fuel line (7) from fuel pump (4).
(3) Remove clamp (6) and carburetor fuel line (5) from fuel pump (4).
(4) Remove two screws (11), two lockwashers (12), two nuts (14), and bracket (13) from fuel tank bracket (1).
(5) Remove two screws (2) and two lockwashers (3) and remove fuel pump (4) from bracket (13).
(1) Remove all build up of dirt, oil, and debris from fuel pump.
DO NOT breathe cleaning solvent vapors for long periods of time or use solvent
near open flames. To avoid illness, explosion, or fire, only use solvent in well
ventilated areas away from open flames.
Do not allow dry cleaning solvent to get into ports of fuel pump.
internal parts may occur.
(2) Clean pump with a clean, soft cloth (item 3, Appendix E) or a medium bristle brush (item 4, Appendix E) and
(3) Allow pump to dry.
Inspect fuel pump for cracks, dents, or areas of fuel leakage. Replace fuel pump if cracked or leaking.