3-23. OIL GAGE ROD, TUBE AND DRAIN.
This task covers:
Tool Kit, General Mechanic's
Engine shut down and cool.
Oil drained from engine.
(1) Remove oil dipstick (1) from oil tube (2).
(2) Remove two clamps (8), ties (10) and vacuum line (9) from oil tube (2) and from fuel pump (7).
(3) Remove screw (11) from oil tube (2) and remove tube from engine block (3).
(4) Remove plug (6), elbow (5), and nipple (4) from engine block (3).
(1) Remove all build up of dirt and oil from all parts.
DO NOT breathe cleaning solvent vapors for long periods of time or use solvent
near open flames. To avoid illness, explosion, or fire, only use solvent in well
ventilated areas away from open flames.
(2) Clean all parts with a clean, soft cloth (item 3, Appendix E) or a medium bristle brush (item 4, Appendix E)
(3) Allow parts to dry.