3-25. STARTER, CLUTCH, AND BLOWER HOUSING - Continued.
(1) Remove all build up of dirt or debris from all parts.
DO NOT breathe cleaning solvent vapors for long periods of time or use solvent
near open flames. To avoid illness, explosion, or fire, only use solvent in well
ventilated areas away from open flames.
(2) Clean all accessible metal surfaces of parts using a clean, soft cloth (item 3, Appendix E) or a medium bristle
(3) Allow parts to dry.
a) Pull starter rope out and allow it to retract into starter a few times.
If operation is not smooth or
consistent, replace starter.
b) Inspect starter housing for dents. Replace if housing is dented.
Inspect clutch shaft for rounding of corners or nicks and cracks on shaft.
(3) Blower Housing
a) Inspect housing for dents. Repair dents to housing.
b) Check housing for cracks or damaged mounting holes and threaded holes. Replace housing if mounting
holes or threads are damaged.
(1) Install clutch (6) by placing clutch onto engine shaft, bracing flywheel (5) with flywheel holder as shown in
Figure 3-20 and rotating clutch (6) counterclockwise with
a starter clutch wrench.
(2) Install screen (7), pulley (8), and four screws (9).
(3) Attach wire to switch (2) as tagged.
(4) Install blower housing (3) and four screws (1).