3-26. IGNITION SYSTEM.
This task covers:
Tool Kit, General Mechanic's
Engine shut down and cool.
Starter, clutch, and blower housing removed (see para 3-25).
The engine ignition system is equipped with a magnetron type electrical system
(1) Disconnect armature wire (4) from elbow (6) and spark plug (7).
(2) Disconnect other armature wire (12) from governor plate.
(3) Bend tab back on breather to allow armature wire to be pulled away from engine (8).
(4) Remove wire (12) from armature (5).
(5) Remove two screws (3) and armature (5) from engine (8).
(6) Use flywheel puller and remove flywheel (10) and key (11) from engine shaft (9) as shown in figure 3-22.
(7) Remove elbow (6) and spark plug (7) from engine (8).
(8) Remove stop switch (2) from blower housing (1).