3-30. OIL FILLER CAP, PLUG, AND DRAIN - Continued.
(1) Clean all build up of oil and debris from all parts.
DO NOT breathe cleaning solvent vapors for long periods of time or use solvent
near open flames. To avoid illness, explosion, or fire, only use solvent in well
ventilated areas away from open flames.
(2) Clean all parts with a clean, soft cloth (item 3, Appendix E) or medium bristle brush (item 4, Appendix E) and
(3) Allow all parts to dry.
(1) Inspect all parts for cracked surfaces. Replace all parts which are cracked.
(2) Check o-ring for cracks and cuts. Replace cracked or cut o-ring.
(3) Examine all pipe and pipe threads for cracks or stripped threads. Replace all cracked or stripped parts.
(1) Install o-ring (3) onto cap (2) and install cap into crankcase (7).
(3) Install nipple (6), elbow (5), and plug (4) into crankcase (7).