3-33. FAN AND PULLEY - Continued.
(1) Remove all build up of debris from pulley and from blades on ran part of pulley.
DO NOT breathe cleaning solvent vapors for long periods of time or use solvent
near open flames. To avoid illness, explosion, or fire, only use solvent in well
ventilated areas away from open flames.
(2) Clean pulley and metal items with a clean, soft cloth (item 3, Appendix E) or medium bristle brush (item 4,
(3) Allow all parts to dry.
(1) Inspect pulley for groove wear and for cracked or chipped metal surfaces. Replace pulley if cracked or if
groove is worn excessively.
(2) Check all hardware for stripped threads. Replace all stripped hardware.
Aline groove in pulley with key in compressor shaft before tightening screw (1).
(1) Install key (5) and pulley (3) onto compressor shaft (4).
(2) Install washer (2) and screw (1) onto shaft (4).