Replace Connecting Rod and High Pressure Piston Assembly.
This task covers:
Tool kit, general mechanic's,
Cylinder head and block assembly removed
Connecting rod and high pressure
piston assembly P/N 110750
Wiping rags, Item 3, Appendix C
Lubricating oil, Item 5, Appendix C
Pull high pressure piston and connecting rod (2, FIGURE 2-12) from bottom of cylinder block assembly (1).
Exercise caution while inserting connecting rod and piston to avoid scratching cylinder wall.
Install piston (2) into cylinder (1) using procedures described here:
(1) Coat all parts with clean lubricating oil before installing.
(2) Cover connecting rod with rag to prevent scratching cylinder lining.
Stagger rings and pre-lube the piston.
(3) Make sure the gaps in the rings are staggered around piston when installing.
(4) Place piston compressor (3, FIGURE 2-13) around piston (4).
(5) Insert piston with connecting rod (5) into cylinder (6).
Change 1 2-40