O Reparable item. When uneconomically reparable, condemn
and dispose of the item at organizational or aviation unit level
F Reparable item. When uneconomically reparable, condemn
and dispose of the item at the direct support or aviation
H Reparable item. When uneconomically reparable, condemn
and dispose of the item at the general support level.
D Reparable item. When beyond lower level repair capability, return to
depot. Condemnation and disposal of item not authorized below depot level.
L Reparable item. Condemnation and disposal not authorized below
specialized repair activity (SRA).
A Item requires special handling or condemnation procedures because of specific
reasons (e.g , precious metal content, high dollar value, critical material, or hazardous
material). Refer to appropriate manuals/directives for specific instructions.
c. FSCM (Column (3)). The Federal Supply Code for Manufacturer (FSCM) is a 5-digit numeric code
which is used to identify the manufacturer, distributor, or Government agency, etc., that supplies the item.
d. PART NUMBER (Column (4)). Indicates the primary number used by the manufacturer, (individual,
company, firm, corporation, or Government activity), which controls the design and characteristics of the
item by means of its engineering drawings, specifications standards, and inspection requirements to
identify an item or range of items.
N O T E
When you use an NSN to requisition an item, the item you receive
may have a different part number from the part ordered.
e. DESCRIPTION AND USABLE ON CODE (UOC) (Column (5)). This column includes the following
(1) The Federal item name and, when required, a minimum description to identify the item.
(2) The physical security classification of the item is indicated by the parenthetical entry, e.g., Phy
Sec Cl Confidential, Phy Sec Cl (S) Secret, Phy Sec Cl (T) - Top Secret.
(3) Items that are included in kits and sets are listed below the name of the kit or set.
(4) Spare/repair parts that make up an assembled item are listed immediately following the
assembled item line entry.
(5) Part numbers for bulk materials are referenced in this column in the line item entry for the item
to be manufactured/fabricated.
(6) When the item is not used with all serial numbers of the same model, the effective
serial numbers are shown on the last line(s) of the description (before UOC).