b. PART NUMBER INDEX. Part numbers in this index are listed by part number in ascending alphanumeric
sequence (i.e., vertical arrangement of letter and number combination which places the first letter or digit of each group in
order A through Z, followed by the numbers 0 through 9 and each following letter or digit in like order).
(1) FSCM column. The Federal Supply Code for Manufacturer (FSCM) is a 5-digit numeric code used to
identify the manufacturer, distributor, or Government agency, etc., that supplies the item.
(2) PART NUMBER column. Indicates the primary number used by the manufacturer (individual, firm,
corporation, or Government activity), which controls the design and characteristics of the item by means of
its engineering drawings, specifications standards, and inspection requirements to identify an item or range
(3) STOCK NUMBER column. This column lists the NSN for the associated part number and manufacturer
identified in the PART NUMBER and FSCM columns to the left.
(4) FIG. column. This column lists the number
of the figure where the item
in Sections II
(5) ITEM column. The item number is that number assigned to the item as it appears in the figure referenced
in adjacent figure number column.
5. SPECIAL INFORMATION.
a. USABLE ON CODE. The usable on code appears in the lower left corner of the Description column heading.
Usable on codes are shown as "UOC:......." in the Description Column (justified left) on the first line applicable item
description/nomenclature. Uncoded items are applicable to all models.
b. ASSOCIATED PUBLICATIONS.
The publication listed below pertains to the Compressor Unit and its
Compressor Unit, Reciprocating, 5CFM, 175 PSI, Electric Motor Driven
6. HOW TO LOCATE REPAIR PARTS.
a. When National Stock Number or Part Number is NOT Known.
(1) First. Using the table of contents, determine the assembly group or subassembly group to which the item
belongs. This is necessary since figures are prepared for assembly groups and subassembly groups, and
listings are divided into the same groups.
(2) Second. Find the figure covering the assembly group or subassembly group to which the item belongs.
(3) Third. Identify the item on the figure and note the item number.
(4) Fourth. Refer to the Repair Parts List for the figure to find the part number for the item number noted on
(5) Fifth. Refer to the Part Number Index to find the NSN, if assigned.