(5) Remove three screws (20) and baffle (21).
(2) Using a lifting device, such as a chain
Attach lifting device, such as chain hoist,
hoist, lower the oil cooler assembly (25)
to oil cooler assembly (25), remove eight
into position in end panel (28) and attach
cap screws (22), eight lock washers (23),
to end panel with eight flat washers (24),
eight flat washers (24), and lift oil cooler
eight lock washers (23), and eight cap
assembly (25) out of end panel (28).
screws (22). Assemble baffle (21) with flat
leg toward oil cooler assembly (25) and
(6) Remove three screws (26) and baffle (27)
attach baffle (21) to end panel (28) with
from end panel (28).
three screws (20).
(3) Using a lifting device, such as a chain
hoist, position radiator assembly (17) in
end panel (28) and attach with four lock
Dry cleaning solvent, P-D-680, used
washers (16) and four cap screws (15).
Install grommet (19) in end panel hole and
install nipple (18) through grommet into
Avoid repeated and
radiator assembly (17).
prolonged skin contact. Do not use
near open flame or excessive heat.
(4) Assemble fan shroud (14) to end panel
Flash point of solvent is 100 F-130 F
(28) with eight screws (13) and eight lock
(38 C - 59 C).
nuts (12). Attach fan guard (11) to fan
shroud (14) with four screws (10).
c. Cleanin g, Inspection, and Repair.
(5) Attach radiator guard (9) to end panel (28)
(1) Clean the oil cooler and radiator cooling
with fourteen screws (8). Assemble elbow
fins using compressed air blowing through
(7) onto nipple (18). Assemble nipple (6),
the cooling area in direction opposite
coupling (5), and drain cock (4).
normal air flow.
(6) Install two nipples (3) in bottom of oil
(2) Clean all other parts with solvent, Federal
Specification P-D-680, Type II, and dry
(2) and two tubing elbows (1).
(3) Inspect radiator and oil cooler for evidence
of leaking, damaged tank heads, and
damaged cooling fins. Refer damaged
and oil cooler group.
radiator and oil cooler conditions to Direct
or General Support maintenance.
(4) Inspect all other parts for cracks, breaks,
distortion, and damaged threads.
(5) Repair is limited to straightening distorted
parts, welding cracks or breaks, and
replacement of defective parts.
components on compressor enclosure.
reassemble the radiator and oil cooler assembly in the
(5) Connect the inlet and outlet oil hose
reverse sequence of index numbers in the figure as
assemblies to the elbows on the bottom of
the oil cooler assembly. Close the two
(1) Assemble baffle (27) to end panel (28)
with three screws (26). Assemble with flat
(6) Service the radiator as shown in figure
leg of baffle toward oil cooler assembly