Replace fluid filter element (9):
(1) Unscrew filter element (9) from oil pump housing (6) counterclockwise.
(2) Clean gasket sealing surface of oil pump housing (6) with clean rag.
(3) Install new filter element (9) by turning clockwise until sealing surface of element makes contact with oil
pump housing (6). Tighten filter element and additional 1/2 to 3/4 turn.
Replace oil tube gasket (7):
(2) Remove metal oil tube assembly (6) and gasket (7).
(3) Install new gasket (7) and metal oil tube assembly (6) with two screws (5) and lockwash rs (4) and torque
to 25 ft. lbs.
Ensure bearing sleeve (3) is set in bearing carrier group (1).
Slide bearing carrier gasket (2) over oil pickup tube (6).
Insert oil pickup tube (6) into crankcase and fit bearing carrier group on end of drive shaft.
Align gasket holes with bearing carrier group holes and install eight 3/8-inch hex bolts (8).
Align bolts with crankcase bolt holes and tighten the eight bolts (8) to 15 ft-lbs torque.