(2) Welds. Inspect for gaps where parts are welded together. Report bad welds to your supervisor.
(3) Electric Wires or Connectors. Inspect for cracked or broken insulation, bare wires, and loose or broken
connectors Make repairs or replace as required.
(4) Hoses, Lines, and Fittings. Inspect for wear, damage, and leaks Ensure that clamps fittings are tight If
a leak originates, from a loose fitting or connector, tighten it If a component is broken or worn, correct problem if
authorized by the Maintenance Allocation Chart (MAC (Appendix B). If not authorized, report it to your supervisor.
Separation into portable sections
(1) Prepare for movement (paragraph 2-11 steps a through j)
(2) Using the draw latches, unlatch the model CAPITANO-PD into two separate units
(3) Forward the malfunctioning unit to the appropriate maintenance activity
SPECIFIC PMCS PROCEDURES.
Unit level PMCS are provided In Table 4-1 Always perform PMCS in the order listed Once it becomes a habit,
anything that is not right can be spotted in a minute. If anything wrong is discovered through PMCS, perform the
appropriate troubleshooting task in Section IV of this chapter. If any component or system is not serviceable, or if given
procedures do not correct problem, notify your supervisor.
Before performing preventive maintenance, read all the checks required for the applicable interval and
prepare tools needed to make all checks Have several clean rags (Item 23, Appendix E) handy Perform all inspections at
the applicable interval.
The columns in Table 4-1 are defined as follows:
(1) Item No. Provides a logical sequence for PMCS to be performed and is used as a source of item
numbers for the "TM ITEM NO" column on DA Form 2404 in recording PMCS results.
(2) Interval. Specifies interval at which PMCS is to be performed.
(3) Item to be Inspected. Lists the system and common name of items that are to be inspected Included in
this column are specific servicing, inspection, replacement, or adjustment procedures to be followed.
(4) Procedures. Tells you how to do the required check or service.