TM 943 10-396-23P
When you use a NSN to requisition an item, the item you receive may have a
different part number from the part ordered.
e. DESCRIPTION AND USABLE ON CODE (UOC) (Column (5)). This column includes the following
(1) The Federal item name and, when required, a minimum description to identify the item.
(2) The physical security classification of the item is indicated by the parenthetical entry, e.g., Phy Sec
C1 - Confidential, Phy Sec C1 (S) - Secret, Phy Sec C1 (T) - Top Secret.
(3) Items that are included in kits and sets are listed below the name of the kit or set.
(4) Spare/repair parts that make up an assembled item are listed immediately following the assembled
item line entry.
(5) Part numbers for bulk materials are referenced in this column in the line item entry for the item to be
(6) When the item is not used with all serial numbers of the same model, the effective serial numbers are
shown on the last line(s) of the description (before UOC).
(7) The usable on code, when applicable (see paragraph 5, Special Information).
(8) In the Special Tools List section, the basis of issue (BOI) appears as the last line(s) in the entry for
each special too, special TMDE, and other special support equipment. When density of equipments supported
exceed density spread indicated in the basis of issue, the total authorization is increased proportionately.
(9) The statement "END OF FIGURE" appears just below the last item description in Column 5 for a
given figure in both Section II and Section III.
f. QTY (Column (6)). The QTY (quantity per figure column) indicates the quantity of the item used in the
breakout shown on the illustration figure, which is prepared for a functional group, or an assembly. A "V"
appearing in this column in lieu of a quantity indicates that the quantity is variable and may vary from
application to application.