3-27. GOVERNOR LINKAGE AND THROTTLE LINKAGE - Continued.
(1) Examine spring for stretched or misaligned coils. Replace stretched or deformed spring.
(2) Check governor control plate for cracks or stretched mounting holes. Replace plate if damaged in any way.
(3) Inspect lever assembly for bent parts or cracks. Replace lever assembly if damaged in any way.
(1) lnstall insulator (14) onto governor control plate (11) and press tabs (20).
(2) Install washer (13) and nut (12) into insulator (14).
(3) Install link (2) onto throttle shaft (1) of carburetor and onto lever assembly (3).
(4) Install screw (4), nut (5), lever (3), and washer (19) to governor shaft (15).
(5) Install screw (10), screw (7), and governor plate (11).
(6) Install spring (6) onto lever assembly (3) and onto governor plate (11).
(7) Install lockwasher (17), nut (16), screw (18), and screw (9) into slow down device (8) and connect slow down
device link into control plate (11).
Adjustment is limited to setting of engine RPM's as follows:
(3) Place an RPM indicator onto center of engine shaft of drive pulley.
(4) Adjust engine RPM by bending tang attaching throttle spring onto governor plate. Bend tang up or down until
indicated RPM is between 3200 and 3250 RPM.