3-28. CYLINDER HEAD - Continued.
(1) Inspect cylinder head for cracks on surfaces or broken fins. Replace cylinder head if cracks or broken fins are
(2) Check breather assembly for cracks or chips. Replace breather assembly if cracked or chipped.
(3) Examine breather tube for holes. Replace tube if holes are found.
(1) Install breather tube (8) into opening in carburetor (5).
Always replace breather gasket with a new gasket.
(2) Place gasket (6) and breather assembly (7) into position on crankcase (10), install breather tube (8) into
breather assembly (7) and install two bolts (9).
Always replace cylinder head gasket with a new gasket.
(3) Place cylinder head gasket (4), cylinder head (3), and shield (2) into position on top of crankcase (10).
(4) Install nine bolts (1) and bolts (11) into cylinder head (3) and tighten all bolts finger tight.
(5) When all bolts have been finger tightened, torque all bolts in sequence as shown in Figure 3-29 to 165
inch/pounds (1.90 meter kilopound or 18.65 Newton meter).