3-31. TUBE ASSEMBLIES- Continued.
If any tubing is found to be defective and is being replaced, the nut and ferrule on
each end of the tubing must also be replaced. Do not try to salvage sleeve and
nuts from defective tubing. Adjust the general installation procedures following
this note for installing new tubing as follows.
Slide nut and sleeve onto end of tubing.
Place end of tubing into fitting and tighten nut onto fitting. Nut
tightening will wedge brass sleeve onto new tubing.
Apply anti-seize compound (item 7, Appendix E) to all pipe threads prior to
(1) Install barbed fitting (10) into slow down device (11).
(2) Install hose (20) and two clamps (9).
(3) Install check valve (16) into air tank (17).
(4) Install fitting (15) into check valve (16).
(5) Place tube (13) into position and tighten nut (14) onto fitting (15) and nut (8) onto elbow (7).
(6) Install tee (2) and elbow (19) onto compressor (12).
(7) Place tube (21) into position and tighten nut (18) on elbow (19) and nut (1) on tee (2).
(8) Install two tube clips (22) onto tube (21) and install two lockwashers (24), two screws (23), and nut (25).
(9) Place tube (4) into position and tighten nut (3) onto tee (2) and nut (5) onto elbow (6) and install tubing (4)