Section II. OPERATION OF AUXILIARY
This section contains instructions for operation
b. Operation. To operate the fire extinguisher,
and maintenance for the portable fire extinguisher
perform the following:
(1) Remove fire extinguisher from its lo-
(2) Break seal by pulling safety pin from han-
Fire Extinguisher (Mono-
b r o m o t r i f l u o r o m e t h a n e Type)
(3) Point horn at base of flame.
a. Description. The mono bromotri-
(4) Press trigger for discharge and direct
fluoromethane type fire extinguisher is generally
stream at base of flame.
suitable for all types of fires, except fires involved
(5) Replace cylinder immediately after using.
with LOX (liquid oxygen) generating equipment.
c. Replacement of Cylinder. To replace cylin-
The fire extinguisher is furnished with a disposable