3-32. ENGINE SPEED CONTROL - Continued.
(1) Inspect hose for cracks or cuts. Replace hose if cracked or cut.
(2) Check slow down device for cracks or dents. Check operation by depressing plunger a few times. If device is
cracked or dented or if plunger does not operate smoothly, replace device.
(3) Inspect all hardware for stripped threads. Replace all hardware having stripped threads.
(1) Install slow down device (2), lockwasher (6), screw (7), screw (10), and nut (8) onto engine governor bracket
(1) being sure to engage slow down device linkage into hole of actuator (11) on governor plate (9).
(2) Install tubing (5), hose clamp (4) onto barbed fitting (3) on slow down device (2) onto governor bracket (1).
Figure 3-37. Engine Speed Control, Installation.