damaged threads of hose ends. Replace damaged
(1) Disconnect and remove hoses (1 through 7).
(2) Remove the assembled master air valve (16)
(3) Check the operation of the master air valve,
and alcohol dispenser (18) by removing the two cap
screws (9), nuts (10), and lock washers (11). Remove
It must open and close smoothly and easily. Check for
air valve and adapter (17) from alcohol dispenser.
damaged threads and for leaks. Replace valve if
(3) Remove fittings (12 through 15, 19, and 20).
(4) Inspect fittings for cracks and damaged
(4) Remove two cap screws (21), nuts (22), and
lock washers (23) that secure the pump manifold (24)
threads; replace damaged fittings.
(5) If necessary, repair the alcohol dispenser per
(5) Remove fittings (25 through 32, fig. 4-7) and
shutoff valve (33). Remove fittings (34 through 38).
c. Reassembly and Installation.
(1) Reassembly and installation is the reverse of
(6) Remove cotter pin (41), handle (42), valve
operator (43), nut (44), and washer (45) from air drain
(2) After the air system is reassembled, check for
valve (50). Remove air drain valve, pipe (48), and
leaks with a soap bubble solution. Correct any leaks.
remaining fittings (46, 47, and 49).
b. Cleaning and Inspection.
(1) Clean the air hoses with a cloth dampened
a. Removal and Disassembly.
lightly with dry cleaning solvent (fed. spec. P-D-680).
Clean metallic fittings by washing in solvent.
(2) Unscrew the valve (1, fig. 4-8) and remove the
valve plate (2), gasket (3), sight glass (4), gasket (5),
(2) Inspect hoses for cracks, frayed or abraded
coverings, brittle or deteriorated rubber, and
and venturi (6) from the body (14).