b. Cleaning and Inspection
(c) Install the elbow (15) in the high-
(1) Clean all parts with an approved
pressure exhaust manifold, connect
cleaning solvent and dry thoroughly.
t h e unloader tubing (36) to the
(2) Inspect all parts for cracks, breaks,
elbow and tighten the compression
worn threads, or other damage. Re-
place a damaged part.
(1) Low pressure intake manifold.
(a) Install the 2 studs (4) in the cylin-
der (9), install the low pressure in-
take manifold (5) on the studs, and
secure the intercooler tube (37) to the
secure with the 2 nuts (3).
(b) Install the elbow (6) in the low
and the high-pressure intake manifold
pressure intake manifold (5), con-
(12, fig. 3-17), and remove the in-
nect the breather tube (8) to the
elbow, and tighten the compression
(3) Remove the coupling nuts and fer-
rules from the interceder tube.
(2) Low pressure exhaust manifold.
Note. Remove these parts only if they
(a) Install the two studs (4) in the cyl-
need to be replaced.
inder (9) and install the low pres-
b. Cleaning and Inspection.
sure exhaust manifold (2) on the
(1) Clean the intercooler tube with an ap-
studs and on the intercooler tube
proved cleaning solvent and dry the
(37). Tighten the coupling nut (33)
interior and the fins with compressed
that secures the intercooler tube to
the low pressure exhaust manifold.
( 2 ) Clean all other parts with an ap-
(b) Install the two nuts (3) on the
proved cleaning s o l v e n t a n d
(3) High-pressure intake manifold.
(3) Inspect the intercooler tube for bent
(a) Install the two studs (13), fig. 3-
or broken fins, dents, holes, cracks,
and damaged threads. Replace if de-
high-pressure intake manifold on
the studs and on the intercooler
(4) Inspect all other parts for cracks,
tube. Tighten the nut (15) that se-
breaks, or other damage. Replace a
cures the intercooler to the high-
pressure intake manifold.
(b) Install the two nuts (14) on the
ferrules on the intercooler tube (37).
(c) Install the low pressure safety
(2) Connect the intercooler tube to the
(4) High pressure exhaust manifold.
and the high pressure intake manifold
in the cylinder (9) and install the
ing the coupling nuts.
h i g h pressure exhaust manifold
(3) Install the compressor flywheel (para
(1) on the studs and on the after-
cooler tube (38). Tighten the nut
(33) that secures the aftercooler
tube to the high-pressure exhaust
( b ) Install the two nuts (3) on the
(1) Remove the high-pressure exhaust