Figure 16. Engine bracket, drive pulley, and V-belts.
(5) Inspect the gaskets for distortion or im-
c. Cleaning and Inspection.
prints that will render the gaskets unserv-
(1) Clean all parts with an approved cleaning
solvent and dry thoroughly.
(2) Inspect all valve seats and housings for
(6) Replace all defective parts that cannot be
cracks, breaks, rough or scored valve seats,
and mating surfaces.
d. Reassembly. Reassemble the valves in the re-
(3) Inspect the springs for distortion, weak
tension, or broken helical coils.
e. Installation. Install the valves as shown in
(4) Inspect the cylinder block for defective in-
take and exhaust valve assembly seats.