(2) Install the nipple (5).
(3) Install the oil drain plug (6).
(4) Fill the engine base with the proper
grade of oil. Refer to the current lub-
rication order. Install the oil filler
3-66. Engine Drive Pulley
(1) Remove the belt set (pare 3-59).
secure the pulley (6) to the hub (3).
(3) Install the same screws (1) in the
threaded holes (2) in the hub (3).
Tighten screws alternately until hub
is removed from the crankshaft (4).
(4) Remove the pulley (6) and key (5).
2 Theaded hole
b. Removal (Model BMW-452-ENG).
6 Engine drive pulley
(2) Loosen the setscrew (14, fig. 2-7) lo-
OEG-458-ENG-1, OEG-458-ENG-2, and
cated in the groove of the pulley.
BMW-452-ENG-1, removal points.
(3) Use a suitable puller and remove the
pulley from the crankshaft (16). Re-
move the key,
c. Cleaning and Inspection.
(1) Clean all parts in an approved clean-
ing solvent and dry thoroughly.
intake manifold (4) to the engine cyl-
(2) Inspect all parts for cracks, chips,
damaged threads, or other damage.
Remove the manifold and gasket (3).
(3) Replace all defective parts.
Remove the plug (35) from the mani-
d. Installation (Models OEG-458-ENG-1
b. Cleaning and Inspection.
(1) Clean the manifold in an approved
the crankshaft (4) and install the pul-
cleaning solvent and dry thoroughly.
ley (6) and hub (3).
(2) Inspect t h e manifold for cracks,
(2) Aline the holes in the pulley and hub
breaks, and other damage.
and install the two screws (1). Tight-
(3) Inspect the gasket for damage. Re-
en the screws alternately until the pul-
place all defective parts as necessary.
ley and hub are secure.
(1) Install the plug (35) in the intake
e. Installation (Model BMW-452-ENG),
manifold (4) and secure the manifold
(1) Position the key on the crankshaft
and gasket (3) to the engine cylinlder
(2) Tighten the setscrew (14) located in
Torque the bolts to 9-foot-pounds.
the groove of the pulley.