Cap screw (4)
6. Spring seat
Lock washer (4)
7. Regulator spring
8. Spring tube
9. Diaphragm assy
10. Regulator base
Figure 6-5. Air pressure regulator assembly, disassembly and reassembly.
(1) Remove four cap screws (1), four lock
(a) Position diaphragm assembly (9) on
washers (2), and housing (3). Remove
regulator base (10) with holes
nut (4) and adjusting screw (5).
aligned and spring guide portion of
diaphragm assembly away from
(2) Remove spring seat (6), regulator sprin g
(7), spring tube (8), and diaphragm
(b) Assemble spring tube (8), regulator
assembly (9) from regulator base (10).
spring (7), and spring seat (6).
(c) Place housing (3) over these
b. Cleaning, Inspection, and Repair.
assembled parts, press down on
housing (3) to seat against base
(1) Clean parts, except diaphragm assembly
(10). Attach housing (3) to base
(10) with four lock washers (2) and
four cap screws (4).
(2) Wipe diaphragm assembly (9) clean with a
(d) Install adjusting screw (5) and nut
clean, lint-free cloth.
(3) Inspect diaphragm assembly (9) for any
(e) Test and adjust the air pressure
(4) Inspect spring (7) for broken coils,
deformation, or any other defect.
(2) Reassemble air pressure regulator on
(5) Inspect all parts for cracks, breaks,
damaged threads, or any other defect.
(6) Replace all defective parts.
d. Testing and Adjustment.
After installing air
pressure regulator on unit, check air line connections
(1) Reassemble the air pressure regulator
pressure regulator as follows:
assembly in the reverse numerical