(1) Remove all build up of oil and dirt from all parts.
DO NOT breathe cleaning solvent vapors for long periods of time or use solvent
near open flames. To avoid illness, explosion, or fire, only use solvent in well
ventilated areas away from open flames.
(2) Clean parts using a clean, soft cloth (item 3, Appendix E) or a medium bristle brush (item 4, Appendix E) and
(3) Allow all parts to dry.
(1) Inspect all threads for stripping and cracks.
(2) Inspect bolt assembly for cracks and deformation.
(1) Install bolt assembly (4), two washers (2), and block (5), onto tank plate (6).
(2) Install pin (3) into bolt assembly (4).
(3) Install bolt (1) and lockwasher (7).
(5) Install fuel tank, fuel lines, filters, and fittings (see para 3-14).
Figure 3-10. Take-Up Bolt Assembly, Installation.