(2) Unscrew the outlet plug (4) from the water
the packing retainer ,(14) and the preformed
separator cap (6). Remove the preformed
packing (15) into the center bore of the locknut.
packing (5) from the outlet plug.
(5) Screw the elbow (12), nut-end in, into the inlet
(3) Loosen the lock nut (13) and unscrew the elbow
port of the cap (6), turning the nut with the
(12) from the water separator cap (6). Remove
elbow, until the preformed packing (15)
the preformed packing (15), packing retainer
contacts the cap.
With the elbow in this
(14) and lock nut from the elbow.
position, hold the locknut (13) with a suitable
(4) Use a strap wrench and unscrew the shell (11)
wrench to prevent running and turn the elbow in
from the water separator cap (6). Remove the
one and one-half turns. Position the elbow by
preformed packing (10) from the water separator
turning no more than one more additional turn.
(6) Hold the elbow (12) in the desired position and
(5) Unscrew the baffle assembly (1) from the water
torque the locknut between 11 to 13 pound-feet.
separator cap (6). Remove the lockwasher (9)
(7) Perform the test indicated in g below.
from the baffle assembly.
(8) Assemble the preformed packing (3) to the
Cleaning and Inspection.
relief valve (2).
(9) Assemble the relief valve (2) to the relief valve
(1) Clean all metal parts in dry-cleaning solvent.
port in the cap (6) and torque the relief valve
(2) Inspect all parts for distortion, wear, cracks, or
between 3 to 5 pound-feet.
other damage. Replace if defective.
(10)Position the preformed packing (5) on the outlet
(3) Replace all preformed packings.
(11)Assemble the outlet plug (4) to the outlet port in
(1) Lubricate all replacement preformed packings
the cap (6).
with OE-0 oil.
(2) Lubricate all threaded surfaces with OE30 oil.
(1) Position the clamp (2, fig. 2) in the lower frame
(1) Position the lockwasher (9) over the threaded
(2) Position the water separator assembly (1, fig.
area of the baffle assembly (1) and screw the
2) in the lower frame and secure with the clamp
baffle assembly securely into the cap (6).
(2) Position the preformed packing (10) into the
(3) Assemble the washer (3), nut (4), needle valve
(5) and fitting (6) to the drain port of the water
(3) Position the shell (11) in a suitable holding
fixture or vise so that half of the shell extends
above the jaws of the vise or fixture and the
inlet port is facing front; clamp securely.
normal operation, bringing the water separation
Assemble the baffle and cap assembly into the
to operating pressure.
shell and torque to 17 pound-feet.
(2) Apply soap solution to all joints and check for
(4) Assemble the locknut (13) as far back as
leakage. No leakage is per-
possible onto the large threaded end of the
elbow (12) with the center bore of the nut facing
Section III. COMPRESSOR GROUP
ciprocating, air compressor whose purpose is to supply
13. Description and Function
high pressure compressed air. In