(1) Tag and disconnect electrical leads.
removing its attaching hardware. Remove belt
adjusting hardware (40A, 40B, and 40C). This
will release the drive belt (40) and the adjust-
the panel lights (101).
ing link (37) for removal.
b. Installation. Install the panel light in re-
(2) Remove support (36) by removing its
verse of removal.
(3) Remove generator (35).
a. Removal. The bypass switch (116, fig. 3-
b. Installation. Install
8), start switch (117) and ignition switch
verse order of removal.
(115) are all three installed and removed in
the same manner. Tag and disconnect each
3-56. Voltage Regulator
switch electrically and remove the retaining
a. Removal. The voltage regulator is located
nuts located on each switch on the f rent side
on the generator. Tag and disconnect electrical
of the panel.
leads. Remove two sheet metal screws and re-
move regulator from generator.
b. Installation. Install the switches in reverse
b. Installation. Install the regulator in re-
verse of removal.
3-62. Control Panel Wiring
a. Removal and Installation. Control panel
wiring may be removed from its individual
components at each connection by - removing
any attaching hardware. Wiring must be in-
stalled in accordance with the wiring diagram
(2) Tag and disconnect the starter elec-
b. Repair. Do not attempt to repair wiring
(3) Remove the starter from engine.
other than replacing new terminal lugs to
b. Installation. Install the starter in reverse
existing wire. Replace all defective wiring.
3-63. Control Panel
The starter solenoid switch is a part of the
(1) Tag and disconnect electrical leads to
gauges, indicators and switches.
removal and installation of the starter assem-
(2) Disconnect choke and throttle cables
at the engine.
(3) Remove cap screw (113) and washer
3-59. Battery-Generator Indicator, Oil Pres-
(114) and remove bracket (112) from engine
sure Gage, and Fuel Level Gage
sembled to bracket.
(1) Tag and disconnect electrical leads on
(4) Remove panel from bracket by re-
moving eight each screws (96), starwashers
Remove the indicator by removing the bracket
(97), nuts (95), and the four mounts (94).
(120) located behind the panel (98) and hard-
b. Installation. Install the control panel in
ware (118 and 119).
reverse of removal.
(2) Remove the oil pressure gage and fuel
level gage in a similar manner.
3-64. Blackout Stop and Taillight
b. Installation. Installation is the reverse of
the blackout taillights.