(1) Examine vacuum hose for cracks or cuts. Replace hose if cracked or cut.
(2) Check oil gage rod for bent metal parts. Replace rod if bent.
(3) Inspect oil gage tube for dents. Replace tube if dented.
(4) Check all plugs, elbows, and nipples for cracks or stripped threads. Replace all parts which are cracked or
have stripped threads.
Apply anti-seize compound (item 7, Appendix E) to all pipe threads of assembly.
(1) Install nipple (4), elbow (5), and plug (6) into engine block (3).
(2) Install oil tube (2) and screw (11) onto engine block (3).
(3) Install vacuum line (9), two clamps (8), and ties (10) onto oil tube (2) and fuel pump (7).
(4) Install oil dipstick (1) into oil tube (2).
(5) Refill engine with oil (see para 3.2).
Figure 3-17. Oil Gage Rod, Tube, and Drain, Removal/Installation.