3-25. STARTER, CLUTCH, AND BLOWER HOUSING.
This task covers:
Tool Kit, General Mechanic's
Starter Clutch Wrench
Engine shut down and cool.
(1) Remove four screws (11) attaching starter housing (10) to blower housing (3).
(2) Remove starter housing (10) from blower housing (3) and from clutch (6) by pulling starter (10) straight out
(3) Remove four screws (1) and pull blower housing (3) away from engine (4) being careful not to damage wires
attached to switch (2).
(4) Tag and disconnect wire attached to switch (2) and remove blower housing (3) from engine (4).
(5) Remove four screws (9), pulley (8), and screen (7) from clutch (6).
Use care when removing clutch as clutch can come apart easily and ball bearings
inside may be lost.
Clutch housing has a left hand thread.
(6) Brace flywheel (5) with flywheel holder as shown in Figure 3-20 and remove clutch (6) with starter clutch
wrench by rotating clutch (6) clockwise.