This task covers:
Tool Kit, General Mechanic's
Engine shut down and cool.
(1) Bend down tabs on lock (8) and remove two screws (7) and lock.
(2) Remove screw (3) from top of muffler (4).
(3) Remove muffler (4) and gasket (2) from engine (1).
(4) Remove four screws (6) and deflector (5).
(1) Examine muffler for corrosion holes or large amounts of corrosion. Replace muffler if it is severely corroded
or has corrosion holes.
(2) Examine all hardware for stripped or corroded threads. Replace all stripped or corroded hardware.
Always install muffler using a new gasket.
(1) Install deflector (5) and four screws (6).
(2) Install gasket (2) and muffler (4) into engine (1).