Table 4-2. Troubleshooting (cont)
Test or Inspection
(2) Loosen screw and slide timing hole cover open.
(3) Remove rocker arm cover.
(4) Rotate flywheel counterclockwise and observe intake valve and rocker arm. Continue to
rotate flywheel until valve closes, and stop when the IGN mark on the flywheel is aligned with
(5) If points of contact assembly are not just beginning to open, the ignition cam must be reset.
(6) Loosen the screw and rotate the ignition cam counterclockwise until points being to open,
then tighten screw. Ensure that flywheel timing mark and pointer are aligned, and the
points should just begin to open.
(7) Install rocker arm cover.
(8) Install accessory case cover.
(9) Close timing hole cover and tighten Iockscrew.
5. ENGINE STOPS.
Step 1. Inspect for lack of fuel.
Fill fuel tank.
Step 2. Inspect for clogged carburetor air intake.
Service the air cleaner.
a. Service Models 1A08-1 and 1A08-2.
(2) Remove lower section body and clean all parts with approved solvent. Dry with com-
pressed air and clean towels.
(3) After cleaning element, lubricate and reinstall. See figure 3-2 for lubrication instructions.